External Wall Coatings: Benefits & Expert Tips
Taking care of your property's exterior is just as important as the interior and yet it is something that many homeowners ignore until there is a problem. Rather than waiting to look after your home, take action now by investing in external wall coatings and look forward to avoiding problems such as damp, peeling and cracking. To help you get started, we've shared some of the benefits of external wall coatings as well as some of our expert tips – take a look and start planning your updated exterior today.
Definition of Exterior Wall Coatings
Exterior wall coatings are simply a covering that is applied to the outside of your property to protect it from the weather and make it look attractive. There is a wide range of different coatings available and they come in varying colours and finishes so that you can achieve a look that you love. One of the most popular exterior wall coating brands on the market right now is ProPERLA
coatings as they offer the highest-quality finish and require very little maintenance once installed.
The Benefits of Investing in Exterior Wall Coatings
There are a number of benefits that you can look forward to when you choose a quality exterior wall coating like ProPERLA – check out some of the main benefits below:
- Super Hydrophobic Barrier – stopping water ingress is important for homeowners, especially when you are worried about dampness. Quality coverings like ProPERLA work to repel water as it hits the exterior of your property without stopping your walls from being breathable.
- Self Cleaning Solution – in addition to repelling water, ProPERLA works to get rid of dirt and debris before it has the chance to cause ageing or other issues. The paint works to keep the dirt loose on the surface so that when it rains, it just runs off, saving you hours of maintenance time.
- Long Lasting – once you have invested in a quality coating, you can expect it last incredibly well, keeping your home looking fantastic. It's worth remembering that to get the most durable result, you will need to engage an exterior coating specialist to complete the work for you.
- Works on All Walls – no matter what your exterior walls are made from, there are quality coatings to suit all needs. This means that you can get your property sparkling, no matter how it was initially constructed. If you are worried that your home may be the exception to the rule, get in touch with the Countrywide Coatings team and we'll let you know what coverings will work for you.
- Energy Efficient – choosing a quality wall covering such as ProPERLA can even offer you energy savings as it helps to increase the thermal efficiency of your home. This means it works hard to keep warmth in during the cold weather and cool air in when it's hot outside.
Expert Tips When Choosing the Best Wall Coatings
When it comes to picking out the best wall coatings, there are a number of considerations that can help you succeed. We've shared some top tips to get you started:
Avoid Cheap Options
With pressure on the economy, many homeowners are looking to save cash wherever possible. However, this mindset is not the best way to choose exterior wall coatings. Opting for the cheapest option will invariably mean a poor result and the need to redo the decorating sooner than if you had chosen something more expensive. Choose the best option you can afford and enjoy the quality finish for much longer.
Look for the Features You Want
There are lots of different exterior wall coatings on the market, but many only offer a very slim range to choose from. Think about the colour and finish you are looking for and use that as your starting point for selecting a product. Not sure which brand to look at? ProPERLA
has a massive range to choose from, giving you total freedom when it comes to decorating your exterior walls.
Think About Your Local Area
Before you make a firm decision about your wall coating preferences, take some time to think about the area you live in and look at the colours and finishes that other people have used. While showing your originality is great, you may prefer to let your house blend in with the crowd. Also, if your neighbours all have similar looks, you can ask for their input on the best options for your style of house and whether they did it themselves or engaged a professional to do it for them.
Invest in Quality Coatings
It can be tempting to reduce the cost of your new exterior wall coating by shopping around for the cheapest types of wall coatings. However, buying cheap often means a poor result that needs to be redone within a year. At Countrywide Coatings, we recommend the ProPERLA
exterior wall covering products as they are super hydrophobic, self cleaning, breathable and long-lasting – helping you to enjoy a freshly painted look for years to come.
Expert Tips When Applying Your Chosen Exterior Wall Coatings
After you have made your wall coating selection, your next step is to think about the application of your exterior coatings. There are a number of things that you need to consider, and we've shared some tips from the experts so that you don't end up with a disappointing mess.
Spend More Time Prepping Than Painting
It's easy to get excited about painting your home's exterior and want to get stuck in right away, but to get the perfect finish you should spend far more time preparing the surfaces than painting them. This means sanding down loose sections, removing peeling and crumbling paintwork and filling anything that needs it. By taking time to do this, you will then have the perfect surface to apply your paint.
Only Paint When the Weather is Right
If your house is looking shabby and you are itching to get it sorted, take a moment to think about the weather in your area. Painting your exterior should only be done in average to warm temperatures, never freezing or hot as this can stop the drying and curing process from working the way it should. This means that you may need to wait a while before completing the work, but doing so will help to ensure a better finish and longer lasting results.
Let Exterior Professionals Complete the Work
One of the best bits of advice that all experts agree on is that wherever possible, you should let professionals complete the painting of your home exterior. This is because they have the skills and experience needed along with all the specialist tools so that you get the result you have been hoping for. At Countrywide Coatings, we are also a ProPERLA
Approved Applicator so that you can have access to the very best coatings that money can buy.
Get Expert Advice for Your Exterior Wall Coatings Today
If you need further advice about exterior wall coatings and want to speak to a trusted professional,Countrywide Coatings is here for you. We have experience with all different types of exterior wall coatings and are an authorised supplier of Properla coatings. Get in touch with us today and find out everything you need to know about external wall coatings.